Saturday, July 28, 2007

I've been getting crafty!

Other than outings with the kids and normal day to day stuff, guess what else I've been busy doing this summer? I have been making crafts! Yes....you heard correctly...crafts. I have never been much of a "crafter", but one day, during a visit to my favorite scrapbook store, I noticed some items that the owner had made! Cute! I just knew that I could make them myself (and for much less money) and that began my summer craft-mode! Of course, I actually went to the scrapbook store for scrapbook stuff....and I haven't made one scrapbook page this summer! Oh, well...I'm so behind anyway...

Take a look at the things I made...



This picture of Ryan was taken at school by his teacher and given to me for Mother's Day. The little bugs on the frame are actually his fingerprints from a project he made. I just cut the bugs out and created a frame with it as a keepsake.











Clipboard calendar I made for our kitchen and a bulletin board for guest room/craft room










Just fun boy frames










Wooden board to go with fun boy frames and a letter H, for obvious reasons










Picture frame and letter A were gifts for a neighbor/friend who just had a baby girl










Bulletin boards for the boys
Thanks for looking! I know it wasn't very exciting...but, I had to share!

4 comments:

Dawn said...

I'm very impressed! Good for you! You did well, girlie. These are all adorable. :)

Anonymous said...

WOW!!! I was going to order a clipboard calendar and dirty/clean dishwasher CD from Chickie Creations. Do you want to make them instead and I can pay you???? :)

Anonymous said...

GREAT JOB!! I really LOVE the picture frame you made for me! And of course the picture of the boys!Yes in deed you are very crafty.

Love you

Anonymous said...

Hi Myta
I didn`t know you had some HIDDEN TALENTS!!!!!
At least I know you won`t starve to death.....have you tried the E-bay auctions? There was a lady here in Burbank who did the same stuff.....and in 7 yrs is a million $$$$$ business!
Keep at it!!!
Love
Poppy