Wednesday, July 18, 2007

Happy Anniversary to us!

My card from Josh

Well...9 years have gone by and we're still going strong! I can honestly say that we are truly blessed!

In honor of our 9th anniversary...here are 9 things I love about Josh:

1. He is a good cook!
2. He helps with everything around the house.
3. He believes in honesty and respect.
4. He is a very involved dad and husband.
5. He "gets" me, all my quirkiness, and not-so-fun moments.
6. We have fun together - even if it's just playing games at home together.
7. He makes me laugh - even when I'm mad and don't want to!
8. We share the same dreams and work toward them together.
9. He truly is my best friend.
I could go on and on...but, I am only limited to 9! :)

"Let love and faithfulness never leave you …write them on the tablet of your heart." ~Proverbs 3:3 NIV

Below are pictures the Zach and Ryan drew and surprised us with this morning.


Zach's picture of Mom and Dad dancing under a disco ball and surrounded by large speakers.

Ryan's picture of, well, um...a bunch of things. Notice the "mom" he wrote all by himself at the top right.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow! I wish I could say that I felt totally deserving of even half of the items you mentioned on the list. It truly is an honor to say that we have been married for nine years and that our relationship is as strong today as it was when we first met (I wish we could say the same for our waistline).

As I put in the card, it is amazing to think that it has been 15 years since high school, 10 years since college, and that we have a six year old and a three year old. The most amazing part is that we have more years ahead of us than we have left behind. Just think of all the new memories and milestones that we have yet to experience. If we are lucky each of them will be chronicled on this blog :)

Thank you for accepting my proposal over 9 years ago and for making this family your first priority. I am a better person with you in my life and it is no stretch to say that our boys will become better men for having such a wonderful Mom.

I love you.

Happy 9th Anniversary.

Josh

Dana said...

Happy Anniversary you two!! We love you...Dana and Eric.

Myta said...

Aww....thanks Josh, for the very sweet comment. I am definitely going to cherish the memories we've made so far and can't wait to see what new memories we can create as a family!

And Dana...we love you too!!!

Myta said...

I mean...Dana and Eric...we love you too!

Anonymous said...

Dear Myta & Josh
Wishing you a very happy and a blessed Anniversary!!! We know you are happy because we can see it in your eyes; in your smiles; in the way you treat each other and in your everyday activities. We know you are blessed because you have 2 wonderful, lovable and adorable boys and of course, each other.
Continue to love each other and the rest will come out naturally.
Love,
Poppy & Marlene

Dawn said...

You two are such a sweet couple. Glad you had a happy day! :)

Anonymous said...

Girl...you know I'm hormonal during this time & you go & type something like this to make me cry. HEE HEE! Seriously, congrats on 9 years. Glad y'all are as happy today as you were then.

Anonymous said...

Hi Myta,
Belated Happy Anniversary. Sorry I was not able to open your blog on time to read the new things happening in the Herron's household.

Wow... 9 years and still in love and happy. Congratulations!!!
I really enjoyed reading the things in your blog ...keep them coming.
Love and kisses to the little ones.
Marlene

Anonymous said...

HAPPY ANNIVERSARY! Sorry, we were not able to open the blog untill tonight Sunday 22th. It's amazing to think as parents that you two have been together for 9 years! With two AMAZING boys! Love the picture's the boys drew. Your Family is Truely Bless!

Love,
Mom and Steve