Saturday, June 2, 2007

Hello there, from The Herrons!

Hi all!

We started this site so all of our loved ones could keep up with what is going on with our little family. It's been a while since I've talked to some of you...so I thought I'd update you.

Josh and I will be celebrating our 9th Anniversary on July 18th, but it seems just like yesterday that we first met. No, just kidding....but we are very happy with our life together and what we've made of it so far! We are living in Rowlett, in the community of Waterview, where we moved from Mesquite in August of 2004. We really love it here. Rowlett is surrounded by Lake Ray Hubbard and we really enjoy the views of the lake when we're around town. We live very close to our very good friends Dana and Eric (and their 2 kids) who we're thankful to have been friends with for a very long time! Oh...and we are very excited (okay, maybe just me) about the new Super Target about to open about 2 miles down the road! The only thing missing is close family. Other than my brother, Martin, who lives in Plano, and Josh's Dad in Mesquite, we have family in Austin, The Woodlands, Mississippi, and California!
Josh is a Senior Project Manager for the same company that he's been with for years now. He has the luxury to work from home about 99.9% of the time and we sure are thankful for that! He has his own designated office and the boys are pretty good about not bugging him... too much. It's definitely nice having him home.
After teaching Special Education in public school for 3 years, I took a position as a Kindergarten teacher at the private school that Zach was attending pre-school at. I am now going on my 3rd year and loving it! This position has provided me with the opportunity to be at school with Zach and now Ryan. Not to mention the people I work with are the best!!! My hours this school year will be M-F 8:30 - 12:00. I'm very excited about that. I will still be able to do all the mom things I want, like drop Zach off to school and pick him up, have lunch at school with Zach sometimes, get Ryan home for a good nap, or simply run errands! Thanks to Josh for having such a great job that allows me to do that!

Zach turned 6 in May and will be beginning 1st grade this Fall! I can't believe how time flies. Zach is very much all boy! He is full of energy and very much a jokester. He will be starting his 5th season of soccer and he's actually pretty good. He's more of a defensive player than offensive, although, he scored 6 goals in one game! Way to go, Zach!

Ryan is 3 and will be attending pre-school at my school this Fall. He loved it last year when he was in the 2 1/2 year old class. He absolutely loved his teacher! Ryan is a love-able little boy. He really looks up to his older brother and calls him his "best friend". It's very cute!

I will update this site as often as possible, so check in frequently! I hope that you enjoy the site and will leave comments on some of the posts. I will be very eager to read them! All you have to do is click on "comments" type in a comment and click "publish".

Love to all,

Myta

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great Job Myta. The video was awesome as well. Glad to see the family is doing well.

We are trying to make plans to see y'all in Austin over the holiday next week but not sure if it will work. We are scheduled to fly to Ohio early Thursday morning. Austin won a fully paid trip & hotel to Nationals plus I'm working. If he wins there, he gets to go to Hawaii in August.

Talk to you soon.

Mike

Anonymous said...

Mom,

Thanks For Sharing!
Great Job! The video was aewsome! We enjoyed reading the stories. The picture's make us smile! WHAT GREAT KIDS! Looking forward to seeing ya'll in Ausgut.
GOD BLESS!

Love.
Mom

Myta said...

Wow...Mike. That is so awesome! Go Austin! I want to go to Hawaii.

Anonymous said...

What a Wonderful very creative blog! Myta, you are so awesome! Love the pictures & descriptions, Zach & Ryan are 2 very lucky little boys to have a great Mom and Dad. Josh, I Love the fort you built! I look forward to more photos & postings soon!
Thank you for sending me your site.
Love, Ms. Mary